Hello guys, I hope everyone is doing well during these tough times. As corona is spreading rapidly, most of the parents are not ready to send their children to school, as there is no vaccine yet.
It’s June and it’s about time that the academic years start and so most of the schools are opting for online classes. The whole concept of online classes is completely new to Parents, Teachers, and Children of course.
But the question arises, from which class should these online classes be conducted? Well, most of the parents that I asked said that this would work for children from Grade 3 and above. They say that children from Grade 3rd and above would have a little more concentration about schooling, classwork, and online method. Whereas, Preschoolers, Grades 1 and 2 would have less concentration and would get distracted easily.
I have a Preschooler, Avantika of Upper KG and she has online classes conducted by her school. And she has been doing good. Yes, they would have a little less concentration but the fact that the teacher is teaching and even her friends are also writing and learning, has got her more excited.
Few tips that worked for me:
- Have the child prepared about the concept of online schooling
- Make him/her aware of their friends and they would also learn.
- Make the space clear for the child. (If the child is sitting on a bed for the classes, make the bed and remove blankets, tidy up the room)
- The room ventilation works for me.
- Get the books beforehand so it wouldn’t waste the time during class hours.
- Preschoolers need a parent beside them, be with them! (Parent doing back and forth would make the child distracted and would have more concentration on what you are doing)
- Be as excited as the teacher while they write or learn. (Preschool teaching is all about actions and cheerful teaching)
- Remove toys that distract them. (just keep them a little away from the kids)
As they are little, they need more attention from teachers and parents. Teachers and school management are doing their best to get the academic year going on smoothly. Its parent’s responsibility to help teachers to help our children.
Comment and let me know, what is your opinion on this issue.
I hope the Corona won’t let the little learners stop!
Until then, see you next time!